Today I'm starting a new journey in my weight loss. I'm starting a "diet" called the HcG diet. It consists of HcG injections and a very strict low calorie diet. I thought I would document my journey daily so I can see my progress and also so that if anyone else wants to do this diet, maybe this blog will help them decide. This whole program is supervised by a doctor and the HcG is a prescribed medication. I heard about this on the radio, one of the radio stations here had selected some listeners to make up 2 teams to do a weight loss challenge and the participants lost some amazing amounts each week, so I started researching it and decided I wanted to try it. It's a little spendy, but if it means I won't struggle with my weight anymore, I think it's worth it.
Let me first say that I hate calling this a diet!!!!
The way I understand this diet to work is that the HcG is a natural hormone, and it attacks the stored fat and uses it as energy, so even though I am only eating 500-1000 calories a day, because it is using the stored fat your body is actually getting 2000 or more calories a day.
The whole thing started with blood work, and all my levels were normal. They weighed me today and I'm starting at 214.2, 46% body fat, and 109 lbs lean muscle mass. She did say that my lean muscle mass is really good, she said that she has seen as low as 80 lbs and the average for women that come into the clinic is between 90-100 lbs of lean muscle mass. Since muscle helps burn fat and keeps the metabolism up, I've got an advantage because I have more lean muscle.
I had my first injection tonight; it was really easy to do myself. The needle is really small and I put it in the fat of my stomach. It didn't hurt at all. From here, I have 6 days of injections at the same time each day and then one day off. So I will do an injection every day until Wednesday and then have Wednesday as my injection off day. Between today and Saturday of this week, I eat whatever I want – actually the medical assistant said to "eat like a pig". She said that the first two days I need to eat as much as I want and more than normal because it makes the HcG work harder to burn that fat that I'm consuming and then on Sunday I start the "diet" and then the HcG will work hard to tap into the stored fat and start burning that.
I go back to the clinic once a week to be weighed and see my progress and get more HcG. I also measured myself tonight so I can keep track that way. The medical assistant said I shouldn't weigh myself at home, but I don't think for me that is realistic, but I will try.
I'm doing a 12 week program and in 12 weeks I should go from a size 16/18 to a size 8/10. So, here I go…… on to smaller sizes.
I guess I should add a before picture too: -

No comments:
Post a Comment