Weigh in 206.6. Ok now I've got the panicky thoughts going through my head, I've been on this 13 days, I'm following it exactly as I'm supposed to and for 4 days now I have not budged on my weight, besides to fluctuate from 206.0-206.7. What if this isn't going to work for me just like so many other things haven't worked for me? What if we wasted that money that we could have used for something else? Yes I'm almost in tears, yes I'm freaking out today. My husband tried to make me feel better – "maybe you are retaining water" "that's why you shouldn't weigh yourself every day" "that's why you should go by the measurements" It would be one thing if it was one or two days of the scale not moving below 206, but it's 4 days!!!!! I measured myself this morning, nothing going on there either. I just want to curl up in bed and cry. I'm feeling hungry now because I haven't eaten breakfast yet, but there is a huge part of me that doesn't even want to eat today. I'm looking at my food journal thinking what am I doing wrong? I'm eating no more than the 12 oz of protein a day, 2 fruits, veggies, no sugar, more than 100 oz of water. I don't know what to change. I guess I will take out the protein shake today and I will take out the breadstick. Those are the only two things I added in and then stopped losing. Both are approved for this program though, the protein shake is designed by or for Medshape, and the breadstick is on the list of food to eat, but not required. If that doesn't do anything then I will call the clinic tomorrow and ask what to do.
When I started this, I thought it was probably going to be too good to be true. I can't even imagine myself at a size 8, let alone being there in 12 weeks. For the last 6 years I have struggled so much with my weight and going up and down, but mostly up. Always telling myself I would start tomorrow or I would lose xxx amount by xx/xx/xxxx and never making it because it always seemed so unattainable and out of reach. So I had my doubts when I started this. I had my doubts in myself that I would be able to stick with it for the whole program, I didn't really have doubts about the program itself because I've heard of so many locally that have done this program and it worked for them. But here I am following perfectly and nothing happening. I'm sure this will pass. I'm sure that in a day or two I will lose a couple pounds, but in the moment it gets very frustrating and defeating.
I'm having such a hard time today. I had a lot I wanted to get done today. Our bedroom is a huge mess from Christmas clutter to just plain clutter and dog hair and dust. I wanted to get it spotless and then tackle the bathroom next. I got part of the room done, vacuumed, dusted somewhat de-cluttered, but not everything I wanted done. I just can't get motivated cuz I'm so bummed that my weight is not budging. This is such a mental thing. All day I've been fighting the temptation to eat chocolate. There is so much really good chocolate around the house from Christmas that they boys and my husband hasn't finished eating, and all I keep thinking is why even try? Why not just make myself happy and eat some chocolate? It's so tough, I know that's not the answer and it won't make me feel better, in fact it will make me feel worse and make me more upset worrying about how it will affect my weight loss. I'd wonder tomorrow that if I hadn't ate the chocolate would I have lost instead of staying the same or going up.
I've kept my eating on the minimum side today. It's been a little tough, but ok. Today I've eaten 4 oz of steak, 4 oz of shrimp, 1 apple, 1 ½ cups of veggies, and 9 brussel sprouts. I still have dinner to eat and I'm planning on 4 oz of fish and probably steamed cauliflower. Hopefully something positive will happen on the scale tomorrow morning. My family is having pizza tonight, that's gonna be tough for me, especially in the mood that I'm in when it comes to this diet today, but I'll make it through. My husband won't let me give in to temptation. Thank goodness for him. J
Looking for a better day tomorrow……
When staying pretty strictly on the diet it's not too abnormal to stop losing weight for 2-3 days then lose a bunch at once, due to having fewer bowel movements.
ReplyDeleteIf it's water retention, less salt and more water help of course, but most teas also act as a diuretic and flush water out. So if you went from drinking a lot of tea the first few days, then cutting back as you get tired of peeing every 10 minutes (I sure did!), you might retain some extra water at first.
You also might be uber sensitive to sugars like me :-/ If all else fails, you could try going off apples and oranges for a couple days (strawberries and grapefruit have less sugar and are lower on the glycemic inded), and replace them with the other fruits or high-carb vegetables like squash, soy beans, or maybe even corn.
Thanks Val. On an average day I've been drinking more than 120 oz of water in the form of either water or tea. Yesterday was the only day I didn't drink tea. I always make sure I'm over 100 oz though.
ReplyDeleteAs far as I know On my program I can't have squash, soy beans or corn. :( But I'm going shopping today, so maybe I will do strawberries and raspberries this week and see how that helps.
Thanks again for reminding me about stalling for a couple days and lose a bunch at once. Trudi also said that, but I'm sure you know as well as I do, we can tell ourselves that all we want, but we still have that defeated feeling when we don't see the scale doing anything.