Onto day two…… This morning I was a little emotional, not sure if it's the HcG or if it was the argument my husband and I got into. On the way to work I was listening to the CD I made of songs from our wedding and I was just bawling. I figure I will try to do some research today and see if being more emotional is a side affect or if it was just me today.
I'm glad this is one of my 2 days of eating like a pig. Some of the guys at work brought in all kinds of sweets and cookies and cakes today for the holidays.
It's now lunch and I'm barely hungry. I don't know if it's because of the holiday food I had this morning, but that was really early or the HcG. I'm hoping it's already the HcG taking affect because if it's going to be like this, it will be easy. I ate half of a 5 in sub sandwich from porta subs and I'm stuffed. Honestly the smell of it now is making me nauseous. I felt that way earlier with sweet smell of the cookies I have on my desk. I guess I will see as time goes on.
A little back story about how I gained my weight. I got pregnant for the first time when I was 17 years old. At that time I weighed 105-110lbs. I gained 75 lbs with each pregnancy. I slowly was able to lose and get down to about 160, but then slowly gained about 20 of that back over the years. It's been a struggle for me for the last 15 years. About 5 years ago I broke my ankle and had to have surgery and ended up being in bed for 6 weeks. This was a very hard time for me and I got depressed, as a single mom that did everything for my kids it was really hard to have to rely on them to do things for me, like get me a glass or water or make me a sandwich or something. I ended up gaining about 60 lbs over time. My highest weight in June 2006 was 243lbs. I have slowly lost some of that weight over the last 2 years, I lost about 15 of it while I was out of work because I had the time to work out for a couple hours a day. Then once I started working again, I was able to maintain what I had lost, but wasn't really losing. Then my husband and I decided to get married so I worked really hard to lose some more for the wedding. I only ended up losing about 20 more pounds and it was a really slow process. That took about 6 months to lose that. I was down to about 205 for the wedding. After the wedding I really slacked off and got back up to 214. So here I go, I can't really tell you what my end goal really is when it comes to pounds because I went from 110 to 185 and then down to about 135 and got pregnant again and up to 210 and then down to 160. I've never been at my ideal weight or size. When I was 110 I was way too skinny, but I was also only 17. When I got to 135 after I had my son, I was still aiming to get back to my original weight, so at that time I wasn't happy with that. So I've never really been at a weight that I have been happy at. Right now I'm shooting for 140-145 and see how I feel there. I think I would be happy being a size 8. So that's what I'm going work towards.
When I was doing my research for this diet I found documentation from the Dr that originally found this and it's dated from 1954. It said that you couldn't use conditioner or lotions, I freaked out a little about that, so that was one of my questions I asked when I saw my medshape counselor. She said it wasn't an issue now because the products are not made with animal fat anymore. I also was just searching for other blogs so I could see other people's experience with this diet. I found one of someone that recently did it and it sounds like he did it on his own instead of being supervised by a doctor and his version is pretty different than mine. He was only eating twice a day and making sure he did not go over 500 calories a day and was not using any lotions or conditioners. The way mine works is I eat every 2-4 hours, always eating 2 oz of protein, and unlimited veggies (from a specified list) and 2 servings of fruit a day (only a couple choices for fruits). It actually will be closer to 1000 calories a day.
I'm really surprised, I'm still not really hungry – it's 3:30 in the afternoon, usually I'm starving by now. I guess that's a good thing.
Tonight I will be doing my injection around 6:00pm and then we are going to have Thai food for dinner. I can't wait to start seeing some results. I think that's what excites me about this is that I will see some immediate results and with my personality that is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment