One week down, eleven to go….. Today I weighed in at 208.3, so I still lost a pound even though I wasn't super strict to the diet yesterday, although I didn't go too far off. I measured myself this morning and I've already lost some inches in my waist, chest and busts. Unfortunately nothing on my hips. It seems that my hips are always the hardest area for me to lose.
So, today I made Christmas breakfast for my family, some potatoes that I wait all year to eat on Christmas, a sausage ring and I also made "south of the boarder eggs", all of which I didn't get to have any of. Instead I woke up at 7:00 and ate my chicken and raspberries, and then while my husband ate the breakfast I made for him (around 10am) I ate more chicken, 2 celery stalks and some apple slices. The one thing I keep telling myself is that I can make those potatoes again when I'm all done with this program. The hunger seems really easy now, I'm not really hungry at all during the day, unless it's around time for my snack. The hardest part when I'm cooking for my family is that I'm used to tasting everything to see if it tastes right or licking my finger if something gets on them, both things I can't do now. That is tough, but it actually isn't too hard to refrain from eating the stuff I'm not supposed to.
Yesterday was my day off of my injections, so today I start injections again for the next 6 days. Tomorrow is my weekly appointment at the Medshape clinic, so I will get to see what my official weight loss is for the week. I'm excited about that. I also have some question for them after being on the eating portion of this for a couple days. Like why I can't eat broccoli and asparagus together, and how much is an actual handful of raspberries, to me that's not a measurement – I need to know if it's a cup or half cup or whatever.
As I read other people's blogs that are going through this journey as well, I'm finding that there are many different ways to do this. It's interesting. So far I haven't found a blog where they are eating every couple of hours, most the others are eating lunch and dinner and that's it. I'm eating 5-6 times a day. They are also counting calories, I'm just eating what's on the approved list, which is 12 oz of protein a day and unlimited veggies (from the list) and my 2 servings of fruit and I just added the breadsticks in also.
I think my body is getting used to the water intake again, I'm not going to the bathroom nearly as often.
Today I feel more hungry, but I think it's because I haven't kept as busy as I have been the past couple days. It's not unbearable though. I'm getting ready to eat a snack now. I really want the potatoes I made this morning though. That's the hard part.
I made it through another day successfully. Tomorrow is weigh in, I can't wait!!!!
Congrats on doing so well over Christmas! Starting a week before was very brave of you :-) A possible substitute for mashed potatoes is cooked and pureed cauliflower. I haven't tried that yet, but I did try grated cauliflower for stir-fried rice and it was great. Another thing your family might like is spaghetti squash instead of normal spaghetti. Works great with white or red sauce + lean meat. If you keep getting hungry in the morning, the problem is -probably- fruit before bedtime. Apples and oranges have a fairly high glycemic impact so can cause some sugar cravings (hunger) when the sugar wears off. For me it was so bad I have to avoid apples and oranges almost entirely - instead I stick to berries and higher-carb vegetables that are still lower than apples and oranges. I basically have no hunger that way unless it's been a long time between meals, I forgot my shot, or I got too much exercise!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tips. The potato thing was more a special dish that we only have at Christmas brunch, otherwise I wouldn't have been so feeling deprived. I love cauliflower though and eat a lot of it.
ReplyDelete