Sunday, May 10, 2009

Maintenance Day 1

I ate a little too much fat yesterday I think. Yesterday I was 177.2 and today I'm 179. I'm ok with that as long as I don't get to 180 again. Tomorrow I start working out. I'm going to jog at least 3 days a week and then do my jillian shred at least 2 days a week. I set a goal to be at 166 by June 19th, which is when we leave for vacation. That's 2 pounds a week, hopefully I can lose more than that, but I'm not gonna kill myself doing it.

So I went and weighed in yesterday and I so wasn't happy with my counselor person. I can't eat that boring diet anymore, I've had enough. That doesn't mean I'm going to go all crazy and eat bad, but I'm going to give meself more options on stuff that I like. She was just lecturing me about still being on the diet and that I need to be reading labels (which I do) That's the thing, I've never had a hard time maintaining my weight once I lose. I know how to eat healthy, it's just a matter of doing it. I did HCG because it was a quick easy way to lose. Even though I get tired of the food, it really is a quick and easy way to lose. Now I will maintain, but I will have days when I eat like a regular person. There is no way I can live a low low carb lifestyle my whole life.

This morning my husband made me pancakes using whole wheat flour so they were pretty healthy, and I had some banana slices and peanutbutter on it. I only had one and I was full. Today I'm eating a little "worse" than I should, but it's mother's day and I wanted my pancake and I really wanted pork ribs, but instead we are having pork loin so they are less fat, and fat free baked beans and corn on the cob.

I've already got my meals planned out for the whole week. I'm ready to keep losing. Tomorrow I'm going to get my butt out of bed at 5:00 and jog for 30-40 minutes. That should burn about 300 calories, maybe a little more. I'm actually excited to do this phase of my diet.

I hope everyone is having a great mother's day!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't mind me. I have done a lot of research about hCG. There are a few things about the maintenance phase that are really important to remember. The first is that this is the phase that is actually resetting the hypothalmus, your body's thermostat. That is the main reason to refrain from eating carbs. during this period. As stated in Dr. Simeon's "Pounds and Inches", "it takes about 3 wks before the weight reached at the end of the treatment becomes stable, i.e. does not show violent fluctuations after an occasional excess. During this period patients must realize that the so-called carbohydrates, that is sugar, rice, bread, potatoes, pastries etc, are by far the most dangerous. If no carbs. whatsoever are eaten, fats can be indulged in somewhat more liberally", "as soon as fats and starch are combined things are very liable to get out of hand. This has to be observed very carefully during the 1st 3 wks. after hCG is ended otherwise disappointments are almost sure to occur." You should be eating between 1500 and 2000 calories a day without the carbs. Upping your protein to about 400 grams raw and then just lots of veggies and fat. You can now use butter, mayonnaise, avocados, olives, olive oil, etc. This is where you will be getting your calories from. You probably know all of this already so I apologize if you do. If you would like to know more you can contact me. Hope you have a happy Mother's Day. jamasmom

    ReplyDelete