Monday, May 11, 2009

Maintenance Day 2

First I will respond to jamasmom comment. Thank you for your comment. For me it's a little different because even though I was doing the HCG, because I was doing it through a clinic the eating program was altered a little. I was already eat more protein than Dr. Simeon's protocol. When I did maintenance before, I added in a little bit of carbs from whole wheat type products a little at a time and watched my weight very close. My main thing is that I can't realistically live on the whole low carb thing long term, so I want to slowly start adding the healthy carbs back in and seeing how they affect my weight. Like I said, I'm not going to go crazy and start eating baked potatoes, french fries, a loaf of sour dough bread, 2 cups of white rice, lots of pasta..... nothing like that. I will be making healthy carb choices, if I want pasta it will be whole wheat pasta made with whole grains, if I want rice it will be brown rice, if I want bread, whole wheat bread made from whole grains, and it will be a smaller portion than I used to eat. I know this is a lifelong change but it also has to be something I can live with, and right now I can't continue eating super low carb.

Ok, so on to my morning..... I was going to get up super early so I would have time to jog, (like 4:45am) but as I woke up I saw it was still dark, so I pushed snooze on the alarm, I slept till 5:30, I really should have gotten my butt out of bed at 5:15 because it was light enough then, but I was tired. So I got up, got dressed and went out to jog. I didn't have a lot of time because I had to be back and showered and somewhat ready for work by 6:30 because I had a meeting I had to call into from 6:30-7:30, then I have to leave at 7:30 to get kids to school. Anyway, I go out and turn on my IPOD and find that all my music has been synced to my itunes, so all my playlists were gone and all the music that I got off my husbands computer and my son's computer were gone. I was not happy. So I had to spend time getting my music together, I ended up only having about 10 minutes to jog. I was not too happy. I got home took a shower and got dressed, called into my meeting that ended up lasting only 6 minutes. If I would have known that it was going to be that quick I could have jogged for 30 minutes and then got home called into the meeting then took my shower and got ready for work. O'well, I guess that's how it goes for a Monday right?

I just got done eating my fage plain 0% greek yogurt with some sliced strawberries and a packet of splenda. Yummy! I love that stuff. It's so thick and creamy and filling. It's a great snack. Lots of protein too.

The plan tomorrow is to get up at 5:15, jog for at least 20 minutes, then do HIIT. I want to do at least 6 intervals tomorrow. I will see how that goes, but my goal will be to work up to 10 intervals. Maybe I will be able to do 10 tomorrow. :)
On Wednesday I think I will do my Jillian Shred, then Thursday I will do HIIT again, then Friday Jillian again, Saturday I will go for a long jog. We'll see how that plan goes this week.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thats a great plan! Bummer about your short run this morning. Oh well, at least you actually went out there and did it right? Tomorrow you can push extra HARD! Keep it up lady! 2 pounds a week is gonna be easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have hit the ground running! *smile* Thanks for responding. I am new to this blogging thing and not quite sure about the protocol and all that.
    The exercise thing is the hardest for me. I, too, need to get up at about 5:30 in the morning in order to get my exercise in and I am a night person. Getting up at 6 am I can do but there is just something about the number "5".
    Good luck and keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete