Saturday, May 16, 2009

Maintenance Day 8

178.9 this morning. So the scale is going in the right direction. I was super hungry last night so I had a kashi granola bar after dinner last night. It did the trick, I felt full and satisfied. There's lots of protein and fiber in them, so that should make the carbs ok. I still only had a little over 100 carbs, so I don't think that's too bad.

This morning I got up and I jogged for 45 minutes. 4 miles!!!! I'm so proud of myself. It really was a mental thing though because about 11 minutes into it I started thinking I can't do a whole 45 minutes, I need to walk now. Then I realized what I was doing because I can easily jog 25 minutes so why was I feeling that way at only 11 minutes. Totally mental. I jogged over to the park and jogged around there until I only have 15 minutes left then jogged back home. That way I wouldn't have the choice but to jog the whole 45 minutes. Towards the end I had gone just under 4 miles and only had a minute or so left, so I sped up my pace because I wanted to make the 4 miles. My average pace was 11:09 minute mile. I'm pretty proud of that. I know it doesn't seem that fast, but for me it's great. I had a goal on the nike+ website to run 5 workouts at less than a 11:35 min mile pace. I've got 2 of them down, 3 to go and then I will look at what my average has been and set a new goal. Eventually I will be running a 10 minute mile on a regular basis.
And now thinking about it, I ran more than a 5 k. That's pretty exciting.

Today I had a pretty big breakfast. I had some greek yogurt with strawberries and kashi go lean, I had a protein shake, and I had a piece of oroweat light toast with almond butter. I decided since I burend over 500 calories this morning I should refuel with a good/big breakfast.

I took my measurements this morning and I'm pretty happy. Even though the scale is being a brat this week, the tape measure was nice. I lost 3 inches this week over my hips, ab area, rib cage and bust and thighs. Not too bad. I guess my working out is paying off. Hopefully the scale will decide to be nice soon too.

well, now I have to go grocery shopping. My brother, his wife and daughter are going to be here from Oregon in a couple hours so I have a busy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment