I track my food pretty closely, I try to track everything before I eat it. Today, this proved to be very useful. I had planned on getting a salad from the cafeteria at work and I brought some steak to go on it. So I went and started loading up from the salad bar. I got lettuce, cauliflower, some garbanzo beans, shredded cheese, sunflower seeds, croutons, and craisins. I got some dressing in a container on the side. I came back to my desk and I put each thing into sparkpeople. I didn't get much of any of the extras, less than a tablespoon of each besides the veggies because I know they are higher in fat. Anyway, I ended up picking off all the craisins because that would have put my carbs so high up and they really weren't worth it. This just showed me how important it is to track your food before you eat it, so you don't make a mistake and end up feeling guilty or whatever later.
For my food that I have tracked and plan on eating today, my calories are low, so I'm going to probably do a protein shake for "dessert". That will up my calories and protein without upping my carbs and fat. As long as I stick to the plan it's:
1012 Calories, 80 g carbs, 23 g fat and 124 g protein.
so basicaly my advice is plan and track your food before you eat it and stick to the plan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment