Friday, February 13, 2009
Maintenance Day 10
This morning I was 191.8. So basically I am maintaining, which is good. But I was kind of expecting to still see losses. In a normal world if I was eating around 1200 calories, no sugar and no starchy carbs and my fat is coming from olive oil, almonds, cheese and beef - then you would think I would be losing something. A little frustrating, does anyone have any insight? I will ask the clinic, but I don't go in until next Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi - It's to be expected to maintain during the Maintenance phase. Sorry - it's part of the "suffering" that comes with the protocol :( You're actually resetting your hypothalamus during this phase so this weight becomes your body's new "maintain weight". It's important to watch your weight during this phase so you don't go over or under your Last Injection Weight by more than 2 pounds either way. This is where a lot of people mess up and they end up gaining back the weight the lost - I'm included in this group. I was so confident after my first round (losing 26 lbs) that I didn't even follow the maintenance plan (foods) and I gained it all back. It was a waste of money at that point, so I decided that this time, I was going to follow it exactly as Dr. Simeons had researched & written it in "Pounds & Inches". Good luck :)
ReplyDeleteI've been following your blog (and some others) for a while and it's been keeping me on track while on the protocol - so thank you :)