Monday, April 13, 2009

Cycle 2 Day 24

I can't believe it's already day 24. This round is going so fast, it's kind of amazing. I'm half way done - well, time wise. This morning I weighed in at 187.5. Not quite as far down as I would like to be, but not bad considering how I ate this weekend. We went out of town for the weekend. I was pretty good until yesterday. It was my birthday and somehow I convinced myself it was ok to eat a little crappy food. I wasn't super bad though. I had half of a flour tortilla at lunch, I had a whole one at dinner, I have a little sour cream, some bites of black beans, and then probably about half of a piece of Kahlua ice cream pie - oh it was so yummy. I also had a little bite of this or that, that everyone else was eating. But I drank a lot of tea and water and feel good about the rest of my food for the weekend. Today I'm trying to cut my fat as much as possible. I'm drinking protein shakes for my meals and snacks during the day, along with an orange and some veggies and then for dinner I will have steak and lots of tea and water. Hopefully that will kind of counteract my food yesterday and get my body back in weight loss mode. We'll see. The good news is I don't have anymore special events coming between now and the end of this round, so I will eat perfect the rest of the time.

My husband and I talked and instead of buying more HCG I will go on their maintainence plan and then try to exercise more and see if I can lose the rest on my own. If it feels like it's taking too long, then I can always change my mind and do one more round.

I'm almost down 15lbs since I started this round and almost 30 since I started doing HCG and that's with over a month off and gaining 8 lbs back during that month off. That's pretty good. Last year when I was losing for the wedding it took me 6 months to lose 20lbs and that working my ass off. I'm really happy about my results so far.

I've decided I'm going to start running again. While I'm on HCG I will just do about 20 minutes a day, but I will step it up when I'm done and in maintainence. It's something that I've wanted to do for a long time - I've had the goal for about 2 years now to be able to just go out and jog my whole workout and enjoy it. My husband got me a new IPOD for my birthday so I ordered the Nike+ sensor and receiver so I can track my runs easier. I'm pretty excited about it.

I guess that's about it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment