I'm having a hard time getting the right balance of carbs, fat and protein. It's actually kind of scary being able to eat again. Before I just knew how much protein I could have, 2 apples (or strawberries.....) and veggies. I didn't have to worry about how many carbs I was taking in, and I knew I wasn't really eating any fat except what was in my meat, I didn't have to worry about calories. It was easy. Now that I'm logging everything and trying to eat enough calories but still keep the carbs and fat down, it's tough.
I logged my food for the last week of VLCD and I was averaging 600-750 calories, about 45-50g carbs, around 100g protein, and about 10g of fat. So I guess if I'm basically doubling my calories (I'm supposed to be around 1500-1600) then I should be doubling everything else right? So far I'm staying pretty steady around 1150-1180 calories, but the last two days my carbs have been high - 88 and 115, but it's mostly from fruit and milk. Today I have my food planned out - 1180 calories, 66 carbs, 31 fat, and 164 protein. When I originally put in my planned food, I had less than 1000 calories, so I added two protein shakes. I am having a hard time figuring out what to eat to get my calories up, but keep my fat and carbs somewhat low. Any suggestions?
Today we are taking the kids to see a movie, so I think I will take my apple slices to munch on instead of popcorn and candy. Now that the HCG is out of my system, I'm still not craving any sugar and I still don't miss it. We were looking at sugar free ice cream yesterday, and I just couldn't buy it. I don't feel like I'm ready to put that kind of stuff back into my diet yet.
I was also thinking this morning that if I keep eating at the calorie level I am, I should still be losing weight. But I wonder how long my body will be happy with 1200 calories a day. Tomorrow I'm going to do 20 min turbo jam in the morning. I'm gonna try to do it every day this week and see if I see any results. It would be cool if I could be down in the 180's before I start injections again in March. Realistically if I can still lose 2lbs a week I could be close to being in the 170's by the time I start again - that is if I don't gain any when we go on our honeymoon. :) That's what I'm going to focus on between now and the honeymoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Phase 3 sounds pretty similar to Atkins, which I did for about a year. If you get too many carbs, the weight starts coming back, but if you just eat more protein and fat and allowed veggies, you shouldn't gain unless you put some serious effort into it. I ate as much fat and protein as I felt like eating (and I like to cook and eat!), and lost about .5 lb per week over a year. So if the carbs stay low, any weight changes should be small enough that you can correct your diet before anything catastrophic happens.
ReplyDeleteThanks Val - that helps alot. It's just so scary to start eating again - you know?
ReplyDeleteHi, I don't know you, but I came across your blog. I also just finished the HCG diet and am almost done with maintenance. I am having the hardest time because I really MISS carbs. My appetite for the carbs has come back in full swing and it's like torture all day long :( Do you have any hints or advice? I dont' want to destroy all the weight I have lost, but I also don't want to note ever eat carbs again. But I am having a hard time controlling what I eat and then have to do steak days...blah. thanks again :) e-mail me at val_hart@yahoo.com
ReplyDelete