Tuesday, January 6, 2009

HcG Diet – Day 20 – 01/06/09

Last night I didn't start really getting hungry until after 7:00. Unfortunately we were at the urgent care with my son, (he broke his toe) so I couldn't eat until we were done. We got done about 7:45 and then went across the street to the grocery store/pharmacy, dropped off my son's prescription for pain medication and then went shopping. I got some strawberries and some roast beef lunch meat so that I could eat right then instead of waiting till we got home. So, I ate 3 big strawberries and 6 slices of very thin lunch meat, (this was the kind that you get at the deli, not the prepackaged stuff) and I was full. During the day I only drank 72 oz of water and then being at the urgent care for almost 2 hours I was really lacking in water, so I drank 32 oz before bed and I was really worried that would be a mistake, but I only got up once during the night. I was amazed. I've also been thirstier the last couple days. My mouth is always dry; it's weird, especially since I do drink so much water.

Nothing really sounds appealing to eat today. I wish I could just drink my protein shake for every meal when I have days like this. But I'm only supposed to replace two meals with it. I was looking in the fridge this morning trying to decide what to bring for lunch today and I just wanted to throw up thinking about it. I decided on pre-grilled chicken and then I will get a salad from the café at work. I haven't had the chicken in a while so hopefully I will be able to eat it. Other than that I brought two protein shakes, strawberries and some grape tomatoes. I'm going to try to eat it all today. Tonight I'm going to do something with some beef. Maybe put a rub on it and broil it. Not sure yet though.

I have a slight headache today, not sure why. It could be because it's close to that time of the month. I just had a craving too, peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich on white bread. You know the kind your mom made you when you were a kid? What a weird thing to want right this second. I am a little hungrier today. In fact, I'm getting ready to go get my salad. Hopefully all the smells of everything else doesn't kill me.

I didn't do badly in the café, except when the balsamic vinegar didn't have a pouring thing on it and it dumped on my salad. But I just transferred my actual salad to a different bowl and threw away the old bowl with the puddle of vinegar at the bottom. I got back to my desk and added my chicken and didn't have too hard of a time eating it. I also ate a breadstick with my salad. I still have my headache though and it got worse when my husband told me that the insurance company is totaling his truck (a girl fell asleep and ran a red light and my husband hit her), and not giving us enough money to pay what we owe on it. It's so frustrating. This would be when I want to drown myself in chocolate or ice cream or something, but instead I'm drinking water.

So, I've almost made it through another day. After tomorrow I will have made it through another week. Yay!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment